Trados Studio and GroupShare are our standard CAT tools for translations alongside Across. The advantage of using Trados for translations is that our own tools and services such as oneTask, oneReview, oneMemory and oneTerm connect seamlessly with the system. Trados is currently the global market leader for language management solutions. The range of systems – from WorldServer to GroupShare and Passolo – and the range of applications, function extensions, interfaces etc. are more diverse than with many other tools. As a certified Trados language service provider, we have several decades experience with all Trados versions and Passolo localisation software.
Our Trados translators are experienced and highly qualified professional translators who receive regular training and further education. As a Trados specialist, we integrate all those involved in the process into the translation processes. We implement the optimum settings for the document formats, design the most efficient processes and maintain and secure your translation memories with the utmost care.
You’ll always be well advised by us
- Personal support for your translation projects through dedicated contact persons and company translation memories, at no additional cost and with full user rights
- Professional alignment or migration of your existing translation content to Trados Studio or GroupShare
- Extensive pool of translators: Our team of Trados translators offers almost every conceivable language combination and is available for your projects
- Consultancy and expertise: Do you use Trados yourself? We will support your established processes and your stipulations about quality assurance and controls. We will create suitable test routines, style guides and guidelines with you and for you – and of course we will do this based on certified processes in line with ISO 17100 and ISO 18587
oneword is one of the main sponsors of open source in the translation sector. Therefore, in addition to proprietary translation memory systems, such as Trados, Across, Passolo and Transit NXT, we also use our self-developed open-source translation system oneSuite.
Since we were founded in 2004, we have been committed to open source as a founding member of the FOLT (Forum Open Language Tools) working group. Based on the results of this working group, a number of excellent open source solutions have been developed in the translation sector. The success of the initiative was crowned by a collaborative project with IBM, which made its own translation manager tool – the tried-and-tested IBM TM2 – available to the open source community in Autumn 2010 under the name OpenTM2. OpenTM2 has been used by hundreds of professional translators and localisation experts for many years. This project was further developed with translate5 (oneSuite is an instance of translate5) and transferred to the more modern and faster t5memory, supported by a handful of sponsors such as oneword. The cloud-based system is a promising translation solution that integrates all the functions of comparable translation memory systems and has already extended some of them.
Good to know: Our office is still at its original site in the Böblingen/Sindelfingen Software Centre, attached to the Open Source Solution Park.
What does our Open Source expertise actually mean for you?
- As an Open Source solutions partner, we can offer you a number of benefits right away: In addition to well-known standard tools, we can offer you intelligent tools that create more value without adding costs and that can be perfectly integrated into your workflows.
- Are you interested in acquiring a translation memory system or finding a new one, but don’t want to purchase a proprietary system for reasons of cost, and because you want to invest in your own processes and modifications to create a bespoke translation environment that is perfect for you? We can help you in a number of different ways:
- Open source-aided translation solutions perfectly fulfil both your requirements and the requirements of state-of-the-art translation management.
- Do you want a process that is linked seamlessly to your CMS, editorial system or SAP and automated workflows? This is not a problem with open source. We program the relevant interfaces or applications.
- Time savings thanks to access to our wealth of expertise: consultancy, customization, implementation, programming, translation management services and translations from a single source.
- Thanks to our widespread network of partners in the open source sector, where we work as sponsors and co-developers in numerous different projects, and our exceptional breadth of expertise in translation management, we can offer all-embracing translation solutions for every size of company and budget.
- Having an open source solution gives you access to far more translation resources than any other standard CAT tool, because all translators can afford to use open source software. We run regular training courses for our professional translators.
- Powerful API interfaces streamline the integration of proprietary systems such as Trados, MemoQ and other software systems.
- No compromises when it comes to quality: Our translations and translation processes fully comply with ISO 17100.
Outstanding features of oneSuite:
- 100,000 segments and 1,000 files possible per task
- Terminology portal
- Machine translation interface for MTPE
- All file formats can be processed
- For review processes: oneReview in a perfect layout for most file formats, browser-based, with ‘Track Changes’ in the style of MS Word
- Free software under the open source GPL3 license and the open source AGPL3 license
With our oneMemory service, we offer customers access to their stored TMS data. This is ideal for companies that want to leave the management and maintenance of their memories in professional hands, but still want to maintain unrestricted access to and an overview of them at all times.
- Access to centrally stored translation data
- Can be used collaboratively
- Can be used as a reference book/dictionary
- Can be used as a monitoring tool
- Secure access via browser
- Can be combined with our oneTerm and oneReview services